As a member of the Wellness team, the Wellness Peer Specialist Health Coach will mentor and provide Recovery based coaching for SMI clients at Jefferson Center to assist the client in pursuing his/her individual health and wellness journey.
• Provides individualized health coaching to clients in obtaining their health objectives.
• Teaches others about managing their mental and physical health.
• Supports clients in learning how to make good choices for themselves.
• Creates and adapts wellness objectives to overcome barriers to good mental and physical health based on needs of, and with input from, clients.
• Co-facilitates groups/classes to support improved health outcomes for SMI clients
• Works closely with Health Coach and Health Home Care Coordinator to engage clients in appropriate services and resources and assist with coordination of care.
• Promotes consumer engagement in therapy with clinicians, engagement with psychiatric appointments, compliance with the healthcare registry, involvement and engagement with wellness services and engagement with primary care.
• Completes all tracking and reporting requirements for outcomes and evaluation
• Maintains appropriate professional standards and provides appropriate follow-up for consumers.
• Provides self-help recovery services (WRAP, Pathways to Recovery) and other peer wellness services
• Coordinates with generalist Peer Specialists at the Center to expand the reach of wellness/health focused peer specialist services.
• Good communication skills. Good organizational skills. Personal resilience.
• Exhibits enthusiasm, respect, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment
• Demonstrates ways to become empowered and self-responsible.
• Demonstrates ability to work with consumers with diverse backgrounds.
Personal History as Consumer of mental health services is required for this position. Bachelor’s degree. Knowledge of recovery-based concepts.
For consideration, submit a cover letter and your resume online today.
Please use the form below to apply.
Jefferson Center values diversity and encourages people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds to apply. JEFFERSON CENTER FOR MENTAL HEALTH, is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V and a TOBACCO FREE AGENCY.