IMPORTANT: RESUMES THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Provide psychiatric nursing services to consumers in the Cedar office. Collaborate with prescribers in all phases of medication management and follow-up, medication groups, medication problems and side effects. Identify potential physical problems impacting the mental health of consumers.
* Coordinate prescription refills, respond to all refill requests within 3 business days
* Coordinate PAP refills, respond to all refill requests within 3 business days
* Assist in medication groups, as required
* Assist consumer with medbox refills
* Perform injections
* Review and order labs, notify prescriber of any abnormal labs requiring immediate attention
* Assist prescribers in tracking and meeting timeframes for annual labs and AIMs
* Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations
* Coordinate medication processing and applications with PAP office
* Stock and reconcile the medication cabinets
* Coordinate and run Clozaril groups, as determined by location
* Provide consumers with medication education.
* Screen calls from consumers for medication problems and refills. Return calls promptly, within 24 hours during working days.
* Monitor consumers for side effects of meds, including AIMS testing or any medical condition that may affect their mental illness
* Monitor and review consumers‚ charts for medication/medical issues with appropriate follow-up.
* Coordination of care with consumers‚ prescribers, including documentation of medical medications & dosing, physical diagnoses, monitoring of potential medication interactions with psychiatric medications, and referrals as indicated.
* Other miscellaneous medical and medication duties
* Submit prior authorizations to consumers‚ insurance in a timely fashion; address medication changes with prescribers as needed
AARN, BSRN, MSRN or comparable license plus two or more years related experience and/or training in clinical and psychiatric setting. Working knowledge of psychotropic medications and side effects. Working knowledge of various medical conditions, medication interactions or side effects that may affect the health or psychological functioning of a client. Basic computer skills such as e-mail and prescription writing. Bi-lingual preferred but not required.
For consideration, submit a cover letter and your resume online today.
You may also apply on the JCMH website http://www.jcmh.org/.