• Provide supervisory responsibilities to the Adult Outpatient clinical staff as determined by the Director of Adult Outpatient Services.
• Perform site manager functions for the South Office.
• Provide leadership and supervision to the outpatient clinicians on the Adult Outpatient Team, including supervision for licensure, group supervision and for internship requirements as assigned by the Program Director.
• Complete Performance Evaluations for staff assigned by the Program Director.
• Consult with clinicians on high-risk cases and make appropriate referrals to higher levels of care such as Emergency Services for crisis and/or Intensive Case Management.
• Knowledge of Recovery-based, stages-of-change, motivational interviewing, cognitive-behavioral, various evidence based, episode-of-care, and culturally competent treatment.
• Review and approve clinical records and treatment plans for the Adult Outpatient Clinicians. Provide training and support around strength-based treatment plans that contain measurable goals and are culturally relevant. Reviews and prepares charts for the annual Site Visit.
• Maintain responsibility for special projects and generates specific data reports as determined by the Program Director.
• Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Reports high risk/problem cases. Uses a problem solving approach as well as feedback. Attends supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor.
• Provides supervision to clinicians on ORS/SRS outcome data.
• Exhibits enthusiasm, respect, adaptability, flexibility and spirit of cooperation in the work environment to foster Recovery concepts among program staff.
• Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
• Effectively responds to client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, e-mail, and other requests.
• Works cooperatively with other community agencies as appropriate. Volunteers to work on Center committees and/or task forces.
• Monitors, coaches, and directs clinicians on implementing strategies to reach performance measurement benchmarks such as: Paperwork 95%, PTD’s 90%, Peer Review 95%, and CSH 100% .
• Generates reports e.g. Monthly House Cleaning Report, ORS Report, Six-month Caseload/Productivity Report, etc. Participates in staff development activities to enhance professional growth.
LPC, LMFT, LCSW or comparable license plus two or more years related experience and/or training.
For consideration, submit a cover letter and your resume online today.
Please use the form below to apply.
Jefferson Center values diversity and encourages people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds to apply. JEFFERSON CENTER FOR MENTAL HEALTH, is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V and a TOBACCO FREE AGENCY.