IMPORTANT: RESUMES THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The overall responsibility of a hospital liaison is to be the key connection between the Mental Health Center (MHC) and the inpatient or sub-inpatient facility. Duties include ensuring that proper treatment is being delivered, the client is being served at the most appropriate level of care, overseeing quality of care issues, and aftercare planning and community resource acquisition that facilitate the most successful discharge possible. The hospital liaison provides clinical case management and disposition planning in collaboration with the facility and the MHC. The liaison also communicates with the managed-care company around concurrent review and authorization decisions for Medicaid clients.
* Act as liaison between inpatient or ATU-like facilities and MHC
* Perform clinical case management with clients as needed
* Prioritize clients for clinical case management based on utilization management principles as needed
* Document services performed in electronic health record (EHR) in a timely manner
* Organize Census and bring to hospital reviews, participate in hospital reviews
* Work on disposition planning with clients using utilization management principles
* Work with other departments throughout Jefferson Center as needed
* Work directly with inpatient providers to determine client‚s needs while inpatient and anticipated needs at discharge
* Communicate and participate with managed care company for Medicaid clients as needed
Master‚s Degree in health or behavioral health related field. License as mental health professional required. Minimum of two years‚ clinical experience including clinical case management, inpatient or hospital liaison work, and treatment and disposition planning. Position requires experience with managed care systems, clients with acute and chronic mental illness, knowledge of internal and community resources, knowledge of internal referral procedures, familiarity with utilization management principles, knowledge about operations at inpatient and ATU-like facilities, experience with relevant computer applications, good communication skills and good organizational skills.
For consideration, submit a cover letter and your resume online today.
You may also apply on the JCMH website http://www.jcmh.org/.
Jefferson Center values diversity and encourages people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds to apply. JEFFERSON CENTER FOR MENTAL HEALTH, is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V and a TOBACCO FREE AGENCY.