IMPORTANT: RESUMES THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Provide intensive in-home family therapy treatment for high-risk children and adolescents and their families using the Functional Family Treatment (FFT) model. Purpose is to reduce or eliminate problem behaviors and prevent unnecessary and restrictive residential intervention, hospitalization, incarceration, or placement.
• Works with families on a flexible time schedule according to their availability, i.e. availability of 4 evenings a week
• Provides family therapy services in clients home and community.
• Attends community meetings with social services, probation, schools, and court.
• Engages consumers and family in the treatment process and goal setting. Identifies risk factors including lethality. Works constructively with consumer to reach agreed upon outcome, and coordinates care with internal and external providers. Maintains appropriate professional standards and provides appropriate follow-up for consumers.
• Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
• Follows all FFT guidelines and fidelity practices with regard to clinical practice and administration duties.
• Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
• Effectively responds to client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email and other requests.
• Works cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor. Volunteers to work on Center committees and/or task forces.
• Conducts sessions as long as is necessary, and as needed throughout the week.
• Full time clinician carries a caseload of 12 families.
• Submits Narrative Progress Summary reports to Social Services monthly for all Social Services referred clients.
Masters level clinician, license preferred, plus four or more years related experience and/or training. Experience in working with youth with mental health issues and their families. Skills in family based treatment, and knowledge of the juvenile justice and human services systems. Basic computer skills such as proficiency utilizing e-mail, and data entry into an electronic records system..
For consideration, submit a cover letter and your resume online today.
Please fill out the form below.
Jefferson Center values diversity and encourages people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds to apply. JEFFERSON CENTER FOR MENTAL HEALTH, is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V and a TOBACCO FREE AGENCY.