This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Provide family, group and individual therapy to at-risk children ages 6-18 with mental health issues. Utilization of an episode of care model is essential.
- Engage client and family in the treatment process and goal-setting. Identifies risk factors including lethality.
- Work constructively with client and family to reach agreed upon outcomes, and coordinates care with internal and external providers.
- Provide case management services including attending psychiatric appointments as needed, consulting with psychiatrists on clinical issues, attending school staffings and staffings at hospitals and other community agencies to monitor and plan treatment as well as advocate for clients.
- Maintain appropriate professional standards and provides appropriate follow-up for clients and families.
- Use PCOMs , CORS and SRS with clients and document in My Outcomes
- Provide therapy services to a caseload size of approximately 60 clients for full time.
- Implement motivational interviewing techniques to engage clients in treatment.
- Provide family therapy as the primary modality as well as group and individual.
- Exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
- Maintain effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
- Effectively respond to client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email and other requests.
- Effectively use collaborative documentation with clients and families
- Work cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor.
- Volunteers to work on Center committees and/or task forces.
- Attend mandatory in-services, and complies with individualized training plan if required.
- Attend supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor and participate in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Reports high risk/problem cases, and utilizes a problem solving approach.
- Satisfactorily complete 90% of peer review charts needing corrections within 14 calendar days (only areas for which staff is responsible).
- Submit 90% of all Progress-to-Date forms within 3 working days (team specific).
- Completes 95% of all paperwork by the due date.
- Ensure that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by Network Director.
- Completes 95% of case closings within 90 days after last contact, 210 days for meds only.
- Meet required number of consumer service hours (CSH) as determined by Network Director.
CAC II/ CAC III DUTIES (IF APPLICABLE)
- Will participate in the Centers’ CAC meetings and related trainings.
- Will participate in monthly CAC clinical supervision (individual or group).
- Will provide CAC supervision to Center staff (CAC III’s only) to assist in the development of knowledge and skills in providing co-occurring treatment.
- Complete substance use screening, assessments and related paperwork.
Skills / Requirements
Master’s Degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field plus two or more years related experience and/or training. Experience in working with children and youth with mental health issues and their families. Skills in family therapy interventions, crisis interventions, culturally competent interventions, cognitive behavioral therapy, play therapy, and other applicable treatment modalities. Experience working with children dually diagnosed with developmental and mental health issues highly desired. Expertise in child development, attachment issues, trauma, abuse/neglect, foster and adoptive issues within families. Knowledge of stages of change, motivational interviewing, culturally appropriate episode of care. Licensure preferred. CAC II or III preferred. Computer expertise desired. Bilingual helpful but not required.
For consideration, submit a cover letter and your resume online today.
Please use the form below to apply.
Jefferson Center for Mental Health is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Jefferson Center is a tobacco free agency. Tobacco use is not permitted on our premises.