Provide mental health assessment and brief intervention to students at Red Rocks Community College (Lakewood and Arvada campuses). Link students to ongoing mental health and related services and resources at Jefferson Center and/or in the community as needed.
• Provide short term counseling services and crisis intervention to a diverse student population at Red Rocks Community College. Short term is defined as 4-6 sessions per semester.
• Facilitates referrals for acute and non-acute students to community resources and links students to ongoing mental health and related services and resources at Jefferson Center for Mental Health and/or in the community as needed.
• Stays knowledgeable and up to date regarding community resources.
• Completes individual assessments and develops individualized treatment plans based on brief therapy model.
• Works constructively with consumers to reach agreed upon outcome, and actively coordinate care with internal and external providers.
• Maintain appropriate professional standards and provide appropriate follow-up for consumers.
• Engages consumer in the treatment process and goal setting.
• Provides relevant documentation for treatment services provided.
• Effectively responds to client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, e-mail, and other requests.
• Identify risk factors including lethality.
• Conducts on-site emergency assessments as appropriate and triages with Jefferson Center Emergency team as needed.
• Maintain relevant and timely documentation for treatment services provided.
• Maintain posted schedule and number of service hours (up to 40 hours per week).
• Provide general summary data on number of visits, number of unique visitors, treatment trends and number of referrals to community resources to the VP of Student Success on a monthly basis. Due on the 5th of each subsequent month.
• Collaborate with Red Rocks Community College staff including the Student Health Clinic to provide awareness to students of the services offered.
• Consult with Student Health Clinic Director on an as-needed basis to develop holistic health programs.
• Participates in the Student Behavioral Intervention Team to assess student mental health issues.
• Develop and facilitates outreach to departments on campus with regard to mental health issues including training for RRCC faculty and staff, debriefing after a crisis, and training on a specific topic targeting an issue upon request.
• Assists, when necessary, in facilitating crisis assessment for RRCC employees provided by Jefferson Center Emergency Team, Union Square Health Plaza, 12055 West 2nd Place, Lakewood, CO 80228.
• Complies with requirement of regulatory agencies such as DBH and HCPF, and follows laws and statutes such as HIPPA, Child Abuse and Duty-to-Warn reporting.
Master’s level licensed clinician with a minimum of two years (post licensure) of related mental health experience. Experience and skills utilizing cognitive behavioral treatment approaches preferred. Experience in short-term or brief therapy treatment. Experience working with large systems with high level of collaboration. Good communication and organizational skills. Computer skills: email and entry into an electronic medical record system. Bi-lingual preferred.
For consideration, submit a cover letter and your resume online today.
Please use the form below to apply.
Jefferson Center values diversity and encourages people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds to apply. JEFFERSON CENTER FOR MENTAL HEALTH, is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V and a TOBACCO FREE AGENCY.