IMPORTANT: RESUMES THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• Develops partnerships between the mental health center and primary care and allied healthcare providers including, but not limited to Pediatricians, Family Physicians, Mid-level primary care providers, FQHCs or other Health Clinics, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, and Speech Therapists.
• Coordinates with Jefferson Center Care Coordinators (clinicians and case managers) to help children and their caregivers to obtain a PCP for the youth and communicate effectively with the primary care provider.
• Provides ongoing communication between Jefferson Center and provider offices to facilitate and promote integrated care/continuity of care for clients at the Jefferson Center.
• Coordinates with other agencies such as Children, Youth and Families, Schools, and Juvenile Probation, for children and youth aged 0-20 years with mental health issues who are clients of Jefferson Center and involved in multiple systems, to assist other child serving agencies in obtaining PCPs for children and youth that they serve.
• Help coordinate behavioral and physical health care services for youth who are multi-system involved.
• Ensures that all clients 0-20 years of age have a release of information for their identified primary care providers to promote communication about health care needs.
• Provide psycho-education about the important role that primary health care has in the treatment of mental health for clients and others in the community.
• Will assist in monitoring the accuracy of CCAR data sent to the Department of Behavioral Health.
• Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
• Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
Medical assistant with an Associate’s degree from a CAAHEP or ABHES accredited school. Certification through the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants preferred, but not required. Bilingual preferred. Working knowledge of psychiatric care/mental health diagnosis and treatments preferred.
For consideration, submit a cover letter and your resume online today.
Please fill out the form below.
Jefferson Center values diversity and encourages people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds to apply. JEFFERSON CENTER FOR MENTAL HEALTH, is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V and a TOBACCO FREE AGENCY.